Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The Pub' started by kiffsta, Nov 3, 2013.
try some heat from a hair dryer or hot air gun
Heating the cases (until a match stick will burn when sat on the alloy) and smack them flat on a wooden bench will usually get them to drop out.
What Murdo said or run a bead of weld around the inside of the outer race. As it cools it will contract and they will fall out. Another way is to weld a nut to the inner race and use a slide hammer (best to use this method if you are not real good at welding).
Finally off my r date, what am i riding ????
A Honda Click 125 lol
semi bike related ....
future bike hauler .... what a ***** of a job replacing/updating the suspension/bearings and 'new' wheels/tyres .... old home made trailer .... new bushes were labeled " Rear shackle bush Holden 1960 on"
thankfully had a mates big shed to work in ..... tough environment
Looks pretty good
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I put special Tool "Webber Q2200" to work and after about 10 minutes the remaining blind bearings fell out.
All good to go now for the machining. Might get over there later on tomorrow.
now that is an original approach!
I've put cases in the oven and some dropped out, the rest fell out when I tapped the cases down.
The BBQ was easier than the oven and didn’t stink the house out. Good thing I used the BBQ as there are 2 lip seals behind 2 of the blind bearings and they were smoking when I took the cases out.
I will heat them up again when I start to reassemble. I will try to control the temp to under 180c for that.
With that and freezing the bearings they should just drop in.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
180 is a bit excessive, 120 should be plenty. You can use an online thermal calculator like this http://www.utausa.com/metalconverter.html to get some figures.
At 120 the bearings didnt budge.. when it got to 180 one bearing dropped out but the 3 others needed to have the case banged down on some wood for the bearings to drop out..
That temp was on the Gauge on the hood.. so probably not directly what the cases would be at.
Serviced my ZXR at work. Oil, filter, chain scrub and adjustment. Regreased rear caliper slides, still getting uneven and cock-eyed pad wear on the inner pad. I am *this* close to tossing the single pot caliper in the bin and fitting the A model twin pot.
Got home and threw the bike cover on before the rain hit.
Lithium battery doing well, going to leave the charging system rewire for another day.
Could you shim the caliper to fork mount to get it sitting square to the disc ?
The grease in there had gone dry and tacky and was likely not sliding on one pin. I think that was the cause of my brake shuddering.
Will keep an eye on it
I am *this* close to tossing the single pot caliper in the bin and fitting the A model twin pot.
Do it, scooter brakes are rubbish.
Well I finally did the brakes on the zxr. Mostly. First to free up the seized caliper with homemade tool:
But they weren't seized, turns out the hose was blocked. There was a bit of gunk in the brakes - spat some of it at me when I popped the pistons out with the air compressor:
Then comes the clean up. But how much of a clean up? Do I go the full scrub and paint, or just focus on functional cleaning? With a lack of patience and wet-blaster, I opted the mild tidy up and clean internals. Seems maybe I shouldn't have bee so cheap and bought the kit with pistons as these have been rubbed and lack a but t of their gold-gal coating, and have some small pitting, but still good enough for now. But I ran into another problem: the local Kawasaki dealer ordered 4 outer seals, but only 3 inner seals??? So there is one old seal in there. But now I have an air bubble somewhere to get rid of. It could be in the master cylinder, in the dodgy hose (I unblocked it, but it seemed restricted, still) or maybe it is about the seals where there's not much that can be dine about it.. But the brakes are better
Blue slipped and plated today
Id like to take this opportunity to thank the RMS for making sure that I remember what I have is indeed a 'TRAILER' and charging me $46 for the said thin piece of coloured metal ... and the further $200 for incidental xtras
... and the bluey was $100 including stamping the VIN into the draw bar
Well they have to slug you somehow.. hmmm reminds me I need to go to Service NSW today and sort out a Mobility Parking tag... otherwise known as a Disabled badge. Yes... managed to do more damage to my knee.. luckily I was working when I did it. now 2 meniscus tears.. one a full radial and the other a partial horizontal but worse than that is there is a fracture in the femur right in the knee, on the weight bearing part.. this means I am meant to be non weight bearing for 8 weeks.. or until I can see a surgeon. anyone who knows me will agree that non weight bearing will be a challenge
I am lucky in that I can work pretty successfully from home so it doesnt affect me too much, other than having to sit down to do any work on the bike.. hmm we will see how that goes
friend had the meniscus done and was told partial knee replacement in 2 years.hate to be the bearer of bad news and hope it gets better without surgery.you met the friend and carries less weight than you.lol.