With the cases apart I was able to get the drive shaft out and stripped down. I built up the splines with the TIG using an ESAB tool steel rod. Into the lathe with a tipped tool and took back to original OD. Then made a holder for my 5" angle grinder to mount onto the carraige so I could used travel and crossfeed to recut the splines. I used a thin blade first to cut the edges on the slight angle to match the remaining spline, then a new square edge grinding disc to clean out the material between. Cleaned the burrs off with a wheel in my Dremel and checked the fit. Then with the thin blade back in the grinder and turned 90deg I cut the groove for the lock tab. Will do the gear selector shaft tomorrow.