So last weekend I picked up and upgrade from my gsx250f. It's a 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600. I was looking at bikes on gumtree in my local area and came across two that interested me. This bike and a vfr800. Both were in my budget and most importantly (to me) they are both fuel injected bikes. I'm so sick of fiddling with carbs! Long story short, the vfr owner wasn't able to let me see the bike for a while due to him being away, so I went and looked at the Kawasaki. First thought: it's massive. He started the bike and the sound through the aftermarket pipes made me tingle a little. It's got that classic vtwin grumble but not obnoxiously loud. I decided it was probably too big for me and walked away. But a few hours later the new bike bug had me and I sent him an offer on the bike which he accepted pretty swiftly (makes me wonder how low I could have got it for). I got the bike very cheap IMO. but there are reasons it was cheap. 1: high k's 2: the bike has been dropped. I knew before seeing it that it had been dropped, and expected the condition to be far worse than the gumtree pictures showed. But despite being crashed into a roundabout, the bike is in pretty good nic! A couple of busted blinkers: Missing board and peg the shifter side: A scuff on the tank: And what caused it all; the rear calliper. According to the owner, the rear caliper bolts had worked themselves loose and fallen out, causing the caliper to move into the wheel and lock everything up. And that's all! For the price I thought this would be an easy fix and an enjoyable ride for the Mrs to sit on the back. So I showed up with the cash and a trailer, and brought the big bike home. The bloke also threw in a bunch of bits he had in the shed, including new blinkers. Within a few hours of having the bike home, I set to work getting the blinkers swapped over. The rear was easy, new lens. The fronts were all smashed up, so I set to work installing the aftermarket CheapOair ones the bloke gave me. A little fiddly and required some modification to fit but they work nicely and will be replaced later on anyway. The important thing is they are working so the bike can be ridden. This thread will be updated as I fix things and start to mod the bike to suit me better. I already have a few plans in mind for how this bike will end up. I know it's not a 250, but I like the community on here so thought I'd share the build with you all. Stay tuned!