My mate Sean bought himself a $200 1985 Kawasaki KLR600. He knew that it had been sitting outside for the last 6 years under a cover and that the engine was 'stuck' (famous last words). He brought it over for me to 'unstuck' it thinking that some Diesel down the plug hole left for a few days would get it free and I would be able to get it running. When I pulled the plug it was rusty on the end (a sure sign of water in the cylinder) and the carb had had water in it from the engine end too? The exhaust was very rusty with holes in the lower sides of the bends. I managed to get the head off and found this. By using a long lever on a socket on the crank nut and belting the top of the piston with soft faced hammer I got the piston the move and with more belting and levering got the barrel off. Carb. Bit of Diesel was never going to fix that. Got the piston off and found the small end of the rod has been mangled by some butcher and badly galled from lack of lubricant. Piston also has galling marks in pin holes. At this point a full strip down became necessary, and just as well I did as there was sand in the clutch cover. The oil strainer had plenty of alloy and old gasket bits in it too. Imagine the damage if I had started it and this had gone through the engine. On quizing Sean I found out that the PO has a couple of small boys and I am guessing they may have 'helped daddy's bike' by putting the hose up the exhaust and hiding sand in the engine. Anyway, we are now looking for a piston, conrod and gasket set. Seems conrod kits are pretty rare so we may have to take to engineering shop and get the small end bored and bronze bush fitted back to standard size. Will replace the output shaft seal and bearing which is a bit rough but all other bearings are good. His $200 bargain may turn into a $1200 bike yet.