Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The Pub' started by kiffsta, Nov 3, 2013.
Moving sounds like so much.....fun. I will be thinking of you, like this:
Hehehe. Good luck with it.
LOl You've got your work to do !
Turned out to be a faulty starter solenoid The bike has not run in a long time so just running over the carbs , etc etc. Has great spark so that's a promising sign .
Are you sure it's the solenoid? Some have a 3-conditions circuit for the starter, and there can different combinations (side-stand, clutch and neutral). Sounds like you've checked, though. If it were a Kawasaki I would added starter button.
Well @Gen this really will be a V500 Monza. Needs it's own thread.
I picked my bike up. Took nearly 2 months, now to get it roadworthy and registered
Miss all you guys, been trying hard to score a decent WiFi connection, and get Minor cleaning to my gear tools and stuff, since my last reply been kind of stagnant basically drinking water and having a basic 1 meal day, ended up at a construction site, trying to review all my old posts to correct dumb typos and get my message across, dictation on siri or greasy oily grimey fingertips on that screen never helped with type corrections, Thanks a bunch for going all dizzy trying to figure what Im saying shows CARE well as for the bike been going to auto shops and picking up junk that might help get it better picked up 2 empty unlidded paint buckets threw my bottle of paint thinner and three aerosol paint bottles 1clear coat 2grey matte 3glossy black + a paint brush a small 33cl bottle of high octane 5% ethanol and an 1l oil bottle pucked up a huge hard sofa surface pillow and placed it under the pipes have the sidestand up too, it seems kind of dangerous since the tank isn't mounted to the frame, but since I'm away any intruders trying to mess with the bike will end up dropping it and making noise probably even messing up the neighbors car, its last resort safety precaution, all I know is I definitely need the right sparks ngk cr8e x4 and I'll have to weld a new fuel valve to the tank for leaking purposes definetly clean up scrub and sand.
Lockdown in Brisbane so I took the cbr900 to work , pulled all the body work off , replaced a blown bulb in the tachometer , changed the oil , changed the coolant , bled the brakes, all the things I should have done when I bought her
hot damm she is a lovely bike , now to get my old mc22 and see if I can get her going
Mines in bits at the moment also. Treating it to a new timing chain and valve adjustment.
Waiting on parts.
A pity we are not in the same state.
I pulled the GSX250 tank & seat off to "assess" the situation and give her a bath. The young blokes wanted to help as well. All three got in on the action.
Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
Another little shop project , I had a 76 year old guy surrender a 1982 Honda vf750s Sabre , too good to wreck so I thought I might find a new owner in the vintage club then out of nowhere @Phil said he wanted it.
took a fair bit to sort out including a new inner clutch and pressure plate , tyres , carb seals , but he got it registered today. Interesting bike , not my cup of tea , but he loves it , so all good
Does anyone know what Honda used to make the security system impossible to bypass on this bike ?
That instrument cluster looks a bit like it was of the "Back to the Future" styling - the 80s were trying to invent the future; remember the Mitsubishi Sigma?
I thought about getting the VTR on the road yesterday, so thought I'd better see if it starts. Yes, but that is all it does. Carbies will have to come off. Sigh. But, looks like I should have buyer for the Triumph, and I don't even have to finish it!
Bought a vl250 last night that had been asleep for 5 years , replaced a battery, fluids and cleaned the carb, sold it today
You do that in a day; I work in timeframes of years...
Finished sorting out the Main garage then started on the Bike Shed... I decided the best way to transport some of the new parts for the SL125 (and the refurbished engine) was to fit them to the bike... so slipped the engine in, bolted on the rear guard (in primer but that will be ok) plus the new side panels and the almost ready for undercoating front mudguard.
It is starting to actually look like it might end up ok.
Lots more to do tomorrow so I can take all the bike gear down to Wodonga and into a storage shed next weekend.... it is going to be a busy week.
Put the bike up on stands, and got down to giving it a good clean, removed all the residue from the last owners stickers, realigned all the fairings, might need some new indicators. Thinking about getting some of those combined mirror/indicators but they all seem to be real cheap chinese junk.
It is wearing a few cable ties now, but no more flappy fairings.
Oh, and I also got my tires on and took it for it's first real ride. Did about 70km, and it was spectacular. It's a bit weird getting used to seeing 9000 rpm on the tacho at cruise though.
I tried draining the old fuel and new fuel, sussing spark plugs, but no luck. Cleaned the pilot jets, it mostly worked, but not right. Had to go to the shop for a pick up, so toke the carbies and gave them an ultrasonic hot bath. But a bench check of butterflies shows the front cylinder is closed and rear open. Adjuster didn't adjust enough, so had to bend the arm a bit. Come Monday, we will see if works. Might have to do the liquid balancer trick.
All 3 bikes have had a day out basking in the fresh air.....
Lovely weather here in Melbourne. Thought I would get the Spada out and go for a ride.
11 weeks post my accident at Broadford.
Got all my gear on. Got on the bike, but found it is still painfull to operate the front brake.
Maybe I need to give my thumb a few more weeks to fully mend. Only had the pin out for about 4 weeks now.
Put the bike away again for the next time.
Oh well, back to fixing my little RC162 replica.